Monday, October 13, 2008

NYSE

This was a very difficult painting. I think I should have started with a bigger surface. All those little tiny people and my big ol' brushes just caused some definite struggles. But, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This is another painting for Karin Jurick's Different Strokes blog. It's been a few weeks, but I had some time this weekend to do it. I've got a triptych coming up that I am soo excited about, so keep your eyes peeled for that. It is quite large, though, so it will take a few weeks. Anyhow... enjoy the busy, crazy New York Stock Exchange.

NYSE
Oil on board
4.75 X 10

6 comments:

dominique eichi said...

You did a great job on DSFDF. I'm still working on mine ! I especially love Rufus he is BEAUTIFUL and his nose and tongue are great. Keep up the good job. Tell your husband he did a very nice job on the web site.

Barbara Pask said...

Really nice job on a very tough subject. Don't know if I'll give this one a try. May wait for the next one.

natalie palmer said...

oh! i love this one! see... these ar the kinds of paintings i LOVE! i love that you can capture an everyday human movement and make people wonder, "why would you paint that?" and then they think, "oh, yea, i can see why that is really cool now. hmmm...."
and you do just that!

Chelsie Brady said...

Thanks for the kind words, Dominique. I love to paint- and I love my husband!

Barbara- you should give it a try... I wanted to give it up several times during the process of painting it, but I'm glad I finished. And, maybe it's not finished- there's always something that can be done to refine.

Natalie- sweet Natalie- thanks for the encouragement. I think all the other artists will agree when I say you should check out Karin's work if you like people in everyday circumstances. How are you?! It's been a while since we've chatted. I love your new pictures, by the way! Scott's such a cutie!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Not so many tried this tough piece. You did a great job and have my favorite.

Chelsie Brady said...

Thanks, onpainting... It's nice to hear kind words from other artists. Of course I checked out your site and I think you do great work. "Blue Boy" in all its oversize glory is fabulous!