Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Saving...

So, I thought I'd give this whole blogging thing a try since "everybody's doing it!" Actually, it seems like everybody goes through the same ritual: get married, start blogging, have kids. Yikes! We'll hold off on the last part for a while!

I thought I would use this blog as a journal of sorts for the time being and, when I'm studying architecture, as a way to plot my course. I have started working with Google SketchUp to try to familiarize myself with new-ish design programs. Eventually, hopefully, I will be able to document my progress on that.

Well, today is Sunday, March 9th- Daylight Saving time. It is amazing how different the feeling of daylight saving is based on one's preparedness for the event. Last night was, for my ward calling, the Blue and Gold Banquet for the little tykes known as the cub scouts. I am- as most of you know (he he :)- that sounds like a whole lot of people actually care to read about my life junk!)- the Cubmaster and was practically solely in charge of planning, preparing, and executing said event. In addition to this, however, I had to work yesterday and prepare for the forthcoming 7:30 am meeting for our Institute calling- Mike and I are the Married Student Association Presidents. Well, needless to say, in the midst of everything else we forgot about daylight saving. Mike, too, has been extremely busy with school, work, and callings (he, in fact, had to prepare a lesson for today's Elder's Quorum meeting among all sorts of studying and homework). We didn't set the clocks ahead, we didn't go to bed an hour early in anticipation for the lost sleep we would be experiencing- in fact I think we went to bed later than normal, it didn't even cross our minds. I use my cell phone for an alarm clock and when it went off at 5:30 am instead of 6:30 (Mike's bedside table clock read 5:30) I was utterly confused, annoyed, and oh, so sleepy! Thank goodness, I guess, for automatic updates to cell phones. My forgetfulness and ill-preparedness set the way I felt about this day. Had I remembered last night, I probably wouldn't have been so annoyed about losing my precious hour of sleep! Perhaps, instead of using this blog to journal, I should use it as a reminder of upcoming annoyances that I should prepare for, like a planner- only without the leather binding and lined paper.

So, I've been sleepy all day- which actually makes for some pretty interesting behaviors! I don't know if it's the lack of sleep or the fact that I have, for the past several weeks, spent a great deal of my energy preparing for the Blue and Gold banquet and now that's over with and I have an abundance of energy I don't know what to do with. Nevertheless, I have been crazy today! Between my bouts of exhaustion, it's been a silly day filled with fun and laughter. Mike just confusedly smiles and slowly shakes his head in response!

No comments: